UIHMT College - Professional Courses
Bachelor in Hospital Administration (BHA)
ABOUT THE COURSE
Bachelor in Hospital administration (BHA) is an undergraduate hospital and health care management course. Hospital administration is a field relating to leadership, management and administration of hospitals, hospital network and healthcare system. Hospital administration is a new concept in management stream. The course provides students with sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out the administrative operation of clinical and support service department. The candidate of Bachelor in Hospital administration (BHA) is involved in the overall coordination of activities in the hospital.
As with other management positions, healthcare administrators must supervise people, solve problems, and make critical decisions quickly. Your success as a healthcare administrator will depend on your ability to get along with people. You will have regular contact with patients, community members, physicians, nurses, vendors, trustees, and organizational staff. Always strive to develop your skills in working with people, negotiation, and analyzing information.
ON THE JOB, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATORS:
- Establish and carry out departmental or organizational goals, policies and procedures
- Direct and oversee an organization’s financial and budgetary activities
- Manage general activities related to making products and providing services
- Innovate by applying new technologies in the workplace
- Consult with other executives, staff and board members about operations
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements
- Appoint department heads and managers
- Analyze financial statements, sales reports and other performance indicators
- Identify places to cut costs and to improve performance, policies and programs